|Title||Personal Support Attendant (PSA)|
This position is responsible for the day-to-day support of assigned individuals. Works in cooperation with Residential Support Coordinator (RSC), Residential Support Manager/RSM, Community RN, Consultant Dietitian, Consultant Occupational Therapist, and other support services staff, as applicable. The PSA will assist in advocating for the removal of architectural, environmental, attitudinal, financial, employment, communication, transportation, community integration, technology and any other barriers to the persons receiving services through TNC Community. The PSA will report all suspected/alleged abuse and neglect in accordance with the TNC Community policies.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
GENERAL AND PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Displays a positive attitude, conducts self in a professional manner, is cooperative on the job, reports to work on time, maintains a satisfactory attendance record, refrains from gossip or detrimental conversation, respects the property of TNC Community and that of the individuals. 2. Communicates well with individuals and their friends, families, and guardians; as well as supervisors, co-workers, and other stakeholders in accordance with TNC Community policy and procedures.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates good hygiene and sanitation skills such as proper hand washing and gloving technique.1. Demonstrates good hygiene and sanitation skills such as proper hand washing and gloving technique.
1. Is responsible for being aware of requirements to maintain certification(s) and other training and/or health needs required to maintain employment with TNC Community. Will attend training offered by TNC Community at no cost in order to maintain employment status or arrange to obtain training elsewhere at own expense. NOTE: PSA must complete a successful introductory period to receive training offered by TNC Community at no cost.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
May provide shopping support for individuals when assigned. Is responsible to obtain separate receipts for purchases of individuals and turn all receipts in to supervisor immediately on return or as designated.
FACILITY/TRANSPORTATION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains TNC Community vehicles in an organized, clean, safe, manner, as applicable.
1. Follows all TNC Community policies, and procedures.
|Apply Now | Back to Jobs List|
Job: Personal Support Attendant (PSA) Greg Plough 2018-04-05T15:11:48+00:00