|Title||Personal Support Attendant (PSA)|
This position is responsible for the day-to-day support of assigned consumers. Works in co-operation with Residential Support Coordinator (RSC), Residential Support Manager/QDDP (RSM), Community RN, Consultant Dietitian, Consultant Occupational Therapist, and other support services staff. The PSA will assist the RSC and QDDP in advocating for the removal of architectural, environmental, attitudinal, financial, employment, communication, transportation, and any other barriers to the persons receiving services through TNC Community. The PSA will report all suspected/alleged abuse and neglect in accordance with the TNC policies.
Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a High School Diploma or GED. Must be physically capable of lifting up to 75 lbs. (with the assistance of TNC staff). Must participate in all mandatory training and yearly re-certifications as required by law.
GENERAL AND PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Supports assigned consumers by assisting with meal time, hygiene needs and person care, dressing, leisure/recreational activities and all other areas of life, utilizing adaptive equipment as trained when appropriate.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Administers and documents as legally required all medication(s) and treatment(s) prescribed for consumers.
1. Is responsible for being aware of requirements to maintain certification(s) and other training and/or health needs required to maintain employment with TNC Community. Will attend trainings offered by TNC Community at no cost in order to maintain employment status or arrange to obtain training elsewhere at own expense.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. May assist the Residential Support Coordinator with purchasing supplies or provide shopping support for consumers when assigned. Is responsible to obtain individual receipts for consumer purchases and turn all receipts in to supervisor immediately on return or as designated.
FACILITY/TRANSPORATION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensures safe and continuous operation of assigned vehicle by reporting repair needs, accidents, and traffic violations immediately.
1. Follows all TNC rules, policies, and procedures.
|Apply Now | Back to Jobs List|
Job: Personal Support Attendant (PSA) Greg Plough 2017-10-11T15:05:44+00:00